Re: win95

Chris D. Dickens (cdickens@ntr.net)
Fri, 23 May 1997 16:32:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 23 May 1997, Dave Ahn wrote:

> > Let's see, my single 180MHz R5000 chip is pumping out oh about 870k k/s
> > according to the IRIX SGI client. 8-) That's more keys/megahertz than the
> > first guy's machine. (The client also runs up to about 2604 seconds for
> > a 2^30 keyblock, or 5209 seconds for a 3^31 block.)
> >
> > And of course, if we had an engineer at SGI do a touch of assembly code,
> > this could probably still be about 30% faster for the MIPS/IRIX platform.
>
> The 195MHz R10000 chip does around 1900k/s using the bitslice client.
> If an SGI engineer were to hand tune this in assembly, I wonder how much
> faster it could be...

Is that with the 4MB of L2 secondary cache or the 1MB model?

CRACK DES NOW!!! http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm
Christopher Dickens - cdickens@ntr.net - SGI O2 Powered!!!
<http://www.ntr.net/~cdickens>
Copyright (c) 1997 by Christopher Dickens. All Rights Reserved.

NOTE: Everything disclosed is the sole opinion of Christopher Dickens
and in no way reflects the views or opinions, either in whole
or part, of NTR.NET Corporation or any of it's affiliates.