Re: IRIX R3000 Client Please!

Christopher Dickens (cdickens@ntr.net)
Sun, 25 May 1997 11:37:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 25 May 1997, Craig Nelson wrote:

> I have over 100 Indigos which I can get on this project. Unfortunatly,
> they have R3000 processors and the compiled IRIX version doesn't support
> them (R4000+ only). Can someone plleeeassee make this client?

I'm sure Guy wouldn't mind doing it, but you might find their total
performance is going to be lackluster. Without proper MIPS assembly
optimizations, we're currently depending on 64-bitslicing methods in C to
make this fast, and the R3000 isn't 64-bit as far as I know.

If you can get about a half dozen O2's or so that'd kick all 100 Indigo's
butts. 8-) My R5k/SC O2 manages about 840,000 keys/second.

CRACK DES NOW!!! http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm
Christopher Dickens - cdickens@ntr.net - SGI O2 Powered!!!
<http://www.ntr.net/~cdickens>
Copyright (c) 1997 by Christopher Dickens. All Rights Reserved.

NOTE: Everything disclosed is the sole opinion of Christopher Dickens
and in no way reflects the views or opinions, either in whole
or part, of NTR.NET Corporation or any of it's affiliates.