Re: Output logs to file option

Greg Hewgill (gregh@lightspeed.net)
Mon, 26 May 1997 12:32:51 -0700

> From: Ted Cabeen <cabeen@netcom.com>
> It does, but unfortunately, when running deschall as a service using
> srvany.exe, command line redirection dosen't seem to work, most likely
> because there is no command line to redirect. DESGUI won't work either
> because I want the program to run even when no one is logged into the
> machine, and to do that I need to run it as a service. Any other
> suggestions?

In NT, the command processor (cmd.exe) is the part that does the
redirection. Normally cmd.exe is not involved in running services. You
can have srvany run something like the following command line:

cmd /c deschal5 keymaster.verser.frii.com >>deschall.log

This launches the command processor, the /c option tells cmd to take the
remainder of the command line as another command line, and it ought to pick
up the log file redirection at that point.