Re: Request for HUP-ing Unix clients

Trent Piepho (xyzzy@u.washington.edu)
Tue, 27 May 1997 02:38:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 27 May 1997, Garance A Drosehn wrote:
> clients. So, when someone logs in I send a HUP signal to the
> deschall client, and it politely goes away.

Try sending it a STOP signal, this suspends the process but doesn't kill it.
Like when you push ^Z. You can get the client to continue where it left off
by sending it a CONT signal.

I suggested a while back the ability to have to client stop after finishing
its keyblock when getting a HUP signal, like the genx client did. Too bad
there isn't a general source release like the solnet client, or I would have
made a patch. I've found that features are much more likely to get added when
you include a patch.

|Gazing up to the breeze of the heavens \ on a quest, meaning, reason |
|came to be, how it begun \ all alone in the family of the sun |
|curiosity teasing everyone \ on our home, third stone from the sun. |
|Trent Piepho (xyzzy@u.washington.edu) -- Metallica |