Re: Offline Client?

Jason Gmoser (noggle@isoc.net)
Tue, 27 May 1997 20:56:57 GMT

On Tue, 27 May 1997 13:11:34 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>Is there an offline DESCHALL client coming soon? I am connected to the
>'net via AOL, which bumps you off if you are inactive for any period of
>time, or if you are on for 46 minutes, whichever comes first. If I could
>get a range of keys, have my computers run at night, then log on in the
>morning and send in the series of completed blocks, that would be really
>great, and much more efficient. Currently, if I finish a block and am
>not logged on at the time, all work on the block is lost. Any
>info/suggestions/etc. would be appreciated. TIA for any info,

Well instead of doing all that, if you can launch a copy of netscape (or
anything which supports the <meta refresh> tag, you can just go to a page which
has netscape or whatever keep reloading it, if it will reload by checking to see
if it's changed on the server, it should work ok..... You should stay connected
the entire time... If you have space for your web page (and I believe you
do....) I can give you the HTML code to do it.

Jason Gmoser
noggle@isoc.net