Re: DESGUI problem with ScanDisk?

Howard Cheng (hcheng@cs.ualberta.ca)
Thu, 29 May 1997 11:37:29 -0600 (MDT)

saurvok@exo.com wrote:

> I have the exact same problem, but its caused by any program that accesses
> the disk.
> I think there's either a bug with the Win95b version of scan disk or my new
> 4gig drive is just to large to finish scanning before getting interrupted.
> Before this I had 512mb as largest partition. Now I have a 4gig partition.

I have the same problem too, even when I am not running DESCHALL (btw,
the problem occurs when I redirect DESCHALL's output to a file, not
just with DESGUI). I can usually get scandisk to run if I close all
my apps, but I can never get defrag to run till the end unless I reboot
to safe mode.

Howard

--
Howard Cheng                     e-mail: hcheng@cs.ualberta.ca
University of Alberta                    hcheng@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca

Algebraic symbols are used when you do not know what you are talking about.