Re: DESGUI problem with ScanDisk?

Thu, 29 May 1997 15:14:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 May 1997, Howard Wilson wrote:

> On your system, it seems the only thing writing to your drive while
> scandisk is running is DESGUI. You are correct above in that if there is
> a disk write, scandisk will start over. With a dot every 5 seconds or so
> (on my machines, YMMV), scandisk will never get anywhere. The same is true
> with defrag, I believe.

I'd try running something fairly CPU intensive at the same time ScanDisk
is running. Ideally, CPU time will go to this process intead of the DES
client. No CPU time ==> no dots.

Of course, Win95 sucks at multitasking, so this might not actually work.
And who knows if ScanDisk will still complain...

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
To do is to be. -- Nietzsche
To be is to do. -- Sartre
Do be do be do.. -- Sinatra