Re: the bitslice method

James Johnson (plexus@seanet.com)
Thu, 29 May 1997 13:19:44 -0700

At 14:26 29.05.97 -0700, you wrote:
>well, they are improving though.
>Pentium II has 40 general purpose + 8 mmx registers (and mmx deals with 64
>bit integers in its calculations)
>AMD K6 has 48 general purrpose + 8 mmx registers.

Most of these 'general purpose registers' your speaking of are not directly
addressable by a programmer. They are used for such things like register
renaming.

---
/****************************************************************
* "Mediocrity knows nothing higher    * James B. Johson
* than itself; but talent instantly   * plexus@seanet.com
* recognizes genius"                  * james_johnson@sierra.com
*                                     * "Do or do not. There is
*              Sir Arthur Conan Doyle *  no try." Yoda
*                                     * "If knowledge is power,
*                                     *  than a god am I."
*                                     *     The Riddler

Crack DES now!! http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm