Re: Log off, lose progress

andrew meggs (insect@antennahead.com)
Fri, 30 May 1997 14:55:07 -0400

At 12:57 PM -0400 5/30/97, SMEarp@aol.com wrote:

> It doesn't tell me if the key was found (usually the next
>message), or get a new block of keys. Is it supposed to work this way?

The current MacOS client loses its network port if your connection closes,
and for various reasons isn't able to detect this. I've rewritten the
network code to use Open Transport directly so it can detect the problem
and open a new port, but there's a big difference between simply changing
some source code and actually getting a client with those changes validated
and released.

Andrew Meggs, content provider Antennahead Industries, Inc.
<mailto:insect@antennahead.com> <http://www.antennahead.com>