Re: deschall harmful to Irix?

Darrell Kindred (dkindred@cmu.edu)
Fri, 30 May 1997 18:32:59 -0400

Chris Schleicher writes:
> [...]
> > IRIX:
> > npri -h 150 deschall keymaster.verser.frii.com
>
> I'm not sure I'd agree this is as nicely as possible for Irix.
> I'm still being _really_ conservative and running:
>
> npri -n 39 -h 254 deschall ...
>
> However, I'm not entirely sure that this is any "nicer" than npri -h 150.
> Comments?

If my understanding is correct, the added "-n 39" is
irrelevant, and "-h 150" will behave exactly like
"-h 254" unless there's another process running under
npri with a -h value between 150 and 254. So I think
using 254 is harmless but won't make any difference with
respect to interfering with "normal" processes.

- Darrell