Re: deschall harmful to Irix?

Christopher Dickens (cdickens@ntr.net)
Fri, 30 May 1997 23:23:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 30 May 1997, Jonas Schlein wrote:

> I agree 100%...I've gotten screamed at for running this on some of our
> IRIX 5.3 machines and was using a nice value of +20! It was still using
> between 85%-99% of the CPU which doesn't make any sense unless I don't
> know UNIX like I think I should.
>
> Any ideas?

Duh, people! Try "man nice" You'll find that +20 nice values give the
deschall client MORE priority over other programs. For best results, try
-19.

CRACK DES NOW!!! http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm
Christopher Dickens - cdickens@ntr.net - SGI O2 Powered!!!
<http://www.ntr.net/~cdickens>
Copyright (c) 1997 by Christopher Dickens. All Rights Reserved.

NOTE: Everything disclosed is the sole opinion of Christopher Dickens
and in no way reflects the views or opinions, either in whole
or part, of NTR.NET Corporation or any of it's affiliates.