Re: DESgui v1.3 beta Bug?

Arvin Meyer (onsite@esinet.net)
Sat, 31 May 1997 09:14:31 -0400

Normally I would agree...But (ain't there always a but)

This is a multi-booting, 3 drive machine. When I'm in NT, the boot drive is
only used during boot/logon, and the Win95 drive is not used at all. When
in Win95, the NT drive is not used at all. The power management is in the
BIOS, (NT doesn't have native power management, and the Win95 prog is not
used, because it isn't drive specific...its main usefulness is for laptops
anyway)

I'm not sure this would explain all of the problem anyway, since power
management settings require rebooting to take effect. When I turned the log
off and back on, I didn't reboot until I noticed that the problem wouldn't
go away. If power management were the culprit here, logic would dictate
that turning the log back on would have a the effect of alleviating the
problem. I will try your suggestion and disable power management in CMOS,
but I think something else is going on here. For now, I'll just leave the
log on.

Arvin Meyer

On-Site Solutions

"Developing results-oriented databases for companies
that demand a tangible return on investment."

e-mail: onsite@esinet.net

<URL:http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~dolske/>
> (dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
> Graduate Fellow / Research Associate at The Ohio State University, CIS
Dept.