Re: Question: Problem with OS/2 Client

Rodney R. Korte (rrk102@psu.edu)
Mon, 02 Jun 97 11:05:14 -0400

On Mon, 2 Jun 1997 09:23:46 -0400, rksmith@OSURF400.RF.OHIO-STATE.EDU wrote:

>Last Thursday I posted a note to the OS/2 ISP Mailing List about our
>effort since there was a posting for the Sollen group. I have received
>several reports of problems. Since I am not sure who to let know I am
>posting this here. At the bottom of this note I am including all of the
>posts. Some of the people are getting trap errors. Any help for them
>would be appricated.

FWIW, I've run DESCHAL4 on a 486/25 w/Warp Connect (no fixpacks applied,
but Warp Connect has #5 in it), and two 486/66 with Warp Connect + FP17.
They've been running for over a month (maybe 2?). I have also been
running DESCHAL5 on: a Red Warp machine (with FP 5 or FP17, can't
remember), Warp 4 GA, and Warp 4 + FP1 (neither with IP fixes).
No problems whatsoever.

I believe it is some very strange software problem (maybe an NIC driver
problem?)- I just don't see how it could be DESCHAL. But who knows?

Rod

--
Rodney R. Korte                   OS/2. Operate at a higher level.
korte@sabine.acs.psu.edu    ---> MIME, PGP (finger for key) welcome.

Crack DES NOW! http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm