Re: SGI's des challenge effort (?) (fwd)

Eating Before Swimming (mathboy@sizone.org)
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 01:51:09 -0400 (EDT)

then Stunt Borg's all..

From: Stunt Borg <gozer@oro.net>
Subject: Re: SGI's des challenge effort (?)
To: deschall@semiotek.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 18:39:36 -0700 (PDT)

I asked one of my friends at SGI about the SGI deschall effort and
here is the response I got (minus any incriminating evidence):

Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 18:32:19 -0700
To: Stunt Borg <gozer@oro.net>

Stunt Borg wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Do you know anything about an SGI effort to win the DES challenge?

Hey, good to hear from you. Yea, there is quite a campain internally.
They are spaming everybody, putting up web pages, they even
sent a xwall message to every computer on the internal network
asking them to join and even a survey. ITs getting downright
obnoxious!

But stll, there are many large computers sitting idle here. Including
mine. :-)

See ya!

[ Deletia ]

--
Ken Chase mathboy@sizone.org Sonic Interzone $free$ email/news Toronto Canada
Join the DES Challenge! Wake up the US Govt!   www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm

NB:Only 16000 P200-months CPU req'd to recover 56-bit IBM alliance keys! ** U.S. EXPORT LAWS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOUR COUNTRY: DEVELOP YOUR NATIONS' OWN CRYPTO-EXPORT INDUSTRY! USE 2048bit KEYS FREELY! FLAUNT YOUR SOVEREIGNTY! **