Re: Request for stats addition

Garance A Drosehn (gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu)
Thu, 5 Jun 97 19:42:34 -0400

> Cassaela <cassaela@zipcon.net> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Dave Zarzycki wrote:
> > Place Keys Percent Speed Hosts Domain
> > ----- --------------- ------- ------- -------------
> > 1 30863272 * 2^20 8.963 374mk/s 616 cmu.edu
> > etc. etc. * 2^20 etc. etc. etc. etc.edu
>

> ...but these are not. 'Twould be very nice to see the percentage
> each domain is contributing. (Load? Who cares about load?)

I'm not sure there's much point to adding the percentage, but it
might be nice. For most entries, it's just going to be some very
tiny fraction.

On the issue of speed, I'm not sure how meaningful that is. If I
throw 30 machines at deschall for 10 hours a day, is the speed
based on the #keys checked in 10 hours, or the same number averaged
over 24 hours? The example claims a figure of "keys per second",
and that seems somewhat meaningless in this context.

One thing I would like to see is on the beta stats for "Rankings
by hardware" and "Rankings by OS". Right now it shows the number
of keys and the percentage of keys per {hardware,OS}. I think it
might be interesting to include the number of individual hosts for
each.

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn     =     gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer        (MIME & NeXTmail capable)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute;           Troy NY    USA