Re: Request for stats addition

Fri, 6 Jun 1997 00:16:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Cassaela wrote:

> Of course, now that I go back and reread the question, it seems like it
> had very little to do with what I was just talking about. Speed and #keys
> checked are two very different things; averaging your keys checked per day
> over 24 hours is *not* your speed.

True. But what good does inflating the numbers do for the effort?

Suppose I run an Alpha doing 3 million keys/sec for only 1 hour each day.
It's great that this system is really fast, but a 500 thousand keys/second
machine running 24 hours a day is of more use for the effort. We'll stroke
your egos a *bit*, but not too much.

>From my random .sig file:

"My PC is much faster, more expensive, and has more disk space than yours.
And, my operating system is FAR superior. And, my.... AGH! MY HEAD!
**POP**" -- OS2bot (IRC, #os/2)

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
You are surrounded by a maze of polychromatic NT icons, all alike.