Re: Is OS/2 client SMP capable?

Fri, 6 Jun 1997 18:00:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Dean Mills wrote:

> As per the subject, I've recently put up a dual P200 machine running Warp
> Server Advanced SMP, and was wondering, since the client reports "Processor #
> 1 blah blah", does that mean it is SMP capable?

No, it's not. It would be more accurate for the client to say "Process 1"
or something. This is really only for Unix folk -- the Unix clients can
fork() themselves, so that on multiple CPU systems you don't have to start
the client twice.

> If not, would it be beneficial (and possible) to run a client on each
> processor individually? It won't be online for another 4-5 days or so,
> our vendor ran out of EDO RAM!

Yes, this exactly what you should do. Run 1 copy of DESCHALL per
processor.

> Anyone have 8 spare 32MB 72 pins of EDO
> lying about collecting dust? :) Thanks for any help.

Sure. Oh, wait. It's all ECC and is plugged into idle workstations. :-)

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
You are surrounded by a maze of polychromatic NT icons, all alike.