Re: Is OS/2 client SMP capable?

Cassaela (cassaela@zipcon.net)
Fri, 6 Jun 1997 16:50:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Justin Dolske wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Dean Mills wrote:
>
> > As per the subject, I've recently put up a dual P200 machine running Warp
> > Server Advanced SMP, and was wondering, since the client reports "Processor #
> > 1 blah blah", does that mean it is SMP capable?
>
> No, it's not. It would be more accurate for the client to say "Process 1"
> or something. This is really only for Unix folk -- the Unix clients can
> fork() themselves, so that on multiple CPU systems you don't have to start
> the client twice.

But just to keep things as clear as possible, the Mac version now *does*
support multiple processors. So only run a single copy on your MP Macs,
right?

cassaela@zipcon.net http://www.zipcon.net/cassaela

Things To Do During a Final You Know You're Going To Fail, #1:

Bring a pillow. Fall asleep (or pretend to) until the last 15 minutes.
Wake up, say "oh geez, better get cracking" and do some gibberish
work. Turn it in a few minutes early.