Re: some stats for June 6th way low?

Cassaela (cassaela@zipcon.net)
Sat, 7 Jun 1997 09:21:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 7 Jun 1997, Duane Williams wrote:

> > The stats just put up for June 6th seem about 1/5 what they should be for
> > the sites I have been watching. hal.com, netserv.com, and sun.com all seem
> > about 1/5 of normal. Something go awry in the stats gathering, or in the
> > computation?
>
> CMU.EDU seems to be completely missing and it's one of the highest
> ranked players.

washington.edu, which used to have more than 60 machines working, is now
somehow down to 4 - all of which are mine. (2 Macs and 2 OSF/1's.)

If just one site dropped out for a day or two, I could understand....
maybe they just want to use their machines for some "real" work for a
bit. :) But it's hard to imagine that so many people need so much
processing time so suddenly.

cassaela@zipcon.net http://www.zipcon.net/cassaela

Ways To Order a Pizza, #6

Tell the order taker a rival pizza place is on the other line and you're going
with the lowest bidder.