Re: normal?

Sun, 8 Jun 1997 16:59:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 8 Jun 1997, Jason Buchanan wrote:

> All this "key not found" business... is this normal? Is this correct or
> do I have something misconfigured.

Yes, that's the expected behavior. We're searching through 72 quadrillion
keys, to find the *1* key that correctly decodes the secret message. As
soon as someone finds the key, the contest is over.

> However, the 4th machine i'm running it on is a SS2 and it said "Key
> found" or something like that... and since I wasn't paying close attention
> I don't know if this is normal for the sun build to display this or not.

I havn't seen an excited message from Rocke, so I'll assume you simply
misread the screen. :-)

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
Ring around the Internet / Packet with a bit not set /
ACK ENQ ACK ENQ / And we all go down!