Re: Basic resources

Rodney R. Korte (rrk102@psu.edu)
Mon, 09 Jun 97 09:40:07 -0400

On Sun, 8 Jun 1997 20:52:32 -0700 (PDT), Jeff Simmons wrote:

[...]

>But the knowledge expressed on this list of what we're doing and why
>we're doing it is appalling low. So before you guys make any more
>comments about 80-bit DES, 128-bit RSA keys, the cost and speed of
>specialized FPGA DES crackers, etc., do a little homework, huh?

[...]

Look at the bright side... This puts an atomic tip on the point of
this effort. Thousands of people who have absolutely no clue
break a DES encrypted message. Just think what people who are
in-the-know could/can do?

Rod

--
Rodney R. Korte                   OS/2. Operate at a higher level.
korte@sabine.acs.psu.edu    ---> MIME, PGP (finger for key) welcome.

Crack DES NOW! http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm