Re: normal?

Josh Richards (jrichard@freedom.gen.ca.us)
Mon, 9 Jun 1997 19:17:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 8 Jun 1997, Justin Dolske wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Jun 1997, Jason Buchanan wrote:
[..]
> > However, the 4th machine i'm running it on is a SS2 and it said "Key
> > found" or something like that... and since I wasn't paying close attention
> > I don't know if this is normal for the sun build to display this or not.
>
> I havn't seen an excited message from Rocke, so I'll assume you simply
> misread the screen. :-)

Here's what it would say (and more):

(excerpt of a 'strings' on the Linux i486 binary of deschall client)

[..unreadable stuff snipped..]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
5555555555555555
2^21 complementary pairs of keys tested: %ld seconds
select
sendto
recvfrom
Received packet from host %lX
Key was found, but network notification failed.
Please send e-mail or telephone!!!!!
Unable to contact server for more work.
DES Challenge Solver
Copyright (c) Rocke Verser, 1986, 1997
All Rights Reserved.
***** FOR USE IN THE USA AND CANADA ONLY *****
*************** NOT FOR EXPORT ***************
usage: %s [-d] [-e] server [ #multiprocessors ] OR
%s -m (for measurements)
fork
Selftest passed
socket
bind
I2 %d %s %s
Processor #%d: Working
Client stopped by server (%s)
A2 %s %s %s %s %s %lu
Invalid msg: '%s'
54686520756E6B6E
794581C0A06E40A2
99E97CBF4F7A6E8F
Invalid checksum: '%s'
Invalid key-parity: '%s'
Processor %d -- 2^%u complementary pairs of keys starting with %s
F2 %u %s
Processor %d -- Key found after %d iterations
Processor %d -- Elapsed time: %ld seconds
Selftest failed
N2[%8.8X/%8.8X] %d %s
Processor %d -- Key not found
%8x%8x