Re: Other Efforts

Tue, 10 Jun 1997 00:41:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997, Terrence L. Domjan wrote:

> 1. I''ve been able to find out about SolNet
> but where can I get info about SGI's effort?

SGI's effort, so far, is apparently comppletely private (minus leaks ;-).
It would be nice to get them to migrate to DESCHALL. In addition to
getting some good publicity, I think we're at the point where they have a
better chance of finding the key if they work with us.

> 2. Also, in the May 6th MIT story in the News section
> on the DESCHALL site, there is a mention of an
> effort by MIT:

I think this is likely referring to some people at MIT not wanting to run
a client that they don't have source code for. I've never heard of MIT
seriously considering their own effort.

> 3. What happened to the DES Violation effort?

They folded a few weeks ago. DESCHALL and SolNet were both much faster and
farther ahead, so a 3rd effort wasn't really worth it.

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
Over the 10baseT, across the bridge, through the router -- nothing but Net.