Re: Statistical Analysis ...

Evan Jeffrey (ejeffrey@eliot213.wuh.wustl.edu)
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 14:18:49 -0500

>I think we need to add Marilyn Vos Savant to this mailing list to answer
>this question once and for all.
>
>BTW - if you chopped the keyspace in thirds, and picked one of them
>randomly, then monty hall showed you the key is not in one of the other
>thirds.. should you switch your pick to the remaining third ??

Who cares? an additional 33% checked would be nice in any case! But, of
course, the answer is yes. (Note to the peanut galleries: I am right. We
don't need a long winded argument. If you don't believe me, write via
private email, or better yet, write a program to test it yourself)

===
Evan Jeffrey
erjeffre@artsci.wustl.edu

Let us go. Let us leave this festering hell hole. Let us think the
unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the
ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
--Dirk Gently