Re: 6X86 CPUs

Christopher Dickens (cdickens@ntr.net)
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 00:30:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, Howard Wilson wrote:

[snipped part about inferiority of Cyrix which I'm not commenting on]

> When Cyrix and AMD stop lying about their chips, I will be the first in line
> to buy them. Until then, Intel may or may not be a huge corporate monster,
> but they haven't lied to me about what I was buying.

Revolution my child! You may now stand tall, go out and buy a K6. It's a
fine piece of work, and stands up to all of it's expectations. It's a
true competitor to the Intel offerings in the single processor category!

I've NEVER been disappointed with AMD's price/performance. IE: Low
price/better than mediocre performance. (Mostly because they were making
486s when Pentiums were hot.) Now that K6 is out, the ante has been
upped.

CRACK DES NOW!!! http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm
Christopher Dickens - cdickens@ntr.net - SGI O2 Powered!!!
<http://www.ntr.net/~cdickens>
Copyright (c) 1997 by Christopher Dickens. All Rights Reserved.

NOTE: Everything disclosed is the sole opinion of Christopher Dickens
and in no way reflects the views or opinions, either in whole
or part, of NTR.NET Corporation or any of it's affiliates.