Re: Part-time in Macintosh lab: description

andrew meggs (insect@antennahead.com)
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 03:32:31 -0400

At 2:41 AM -0400 6/13/97, Seth D. Schoen wrote:
>For those who asked in response to an earlier offer, I have finally made a
>draft of my explanation of how to run a client only part-time in a Macintosh
>lab.

If you didn't notice, I'll point out again that the MacOS client update
released last week has an option to control how it responds to a quit
event, so all of the mess you describe with that Okey Dokey thing and
forced shutdowns is now quite unnecessary. :)

Just open the prefs file and change the line that says QUITEVENT=ASK to
QUITEVENT=IMMEDIATE or QUITEVENT=FINISH depending on your desire, and
script away to your heart's content.

Andrew Meggs, content provider Antennahead Industries, Inc.
<mailto:insect@antennahead.com> <http://www.antennahead.com>