Re: 6X86 CPUs

Evan Jeffrey (ejeffrey@eliot213.wuh.wustl.edu)
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 14:10:13 -0500

>On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Howard Wilson wrote:
>
>> Now, don't get me wrong, I do NOT wave an Intel flag. Claiming a copyright
>> on two letters of the alphabet (MMX) is insane. Almost as insane as
>> trying to copyright the numbers 386 and 486.
>
>So what would you call thei(tm)r trademarki(tm)ng the letter "i"(tm)?
>They have already regestered i(tm)t, i(tm)f I(tm) recall the li(tm)st
^^^^
They only trademarked the lowercase letter 'i'. As if that makes a big
difference.

===
Evan Jeffrey
erjeffre@artsci.wustl.edu

Let us go. Let us leave this festering hell hole. Let us think the
unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the
ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
--Dirk Gently