Re: UltraSPARC processes

nick sklavounakis (nick@elf.soc.qc.edu)
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 02:48:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, DES Challenge Lists wrote:

> Kudo's go to Darrell for making his client behave under a 32-bit
> operating system!

Definitely, it's amazing. sun.com may make it to #1 this weekend, as
well as Solaris in the OS race. :-)

> This looks normal to me, and it looks as though you are utilizing
> 100% of your CPU cycles:

I was a little confused about this because of the way Solaris shows CPU
usage (which makes more sense actually). Our dual processor Alpha's will
show 99% for each processor per deschall process, whereas Solaris
combines the usage.

> In aggregate, this dual CPU 167 MHz box is doing 4.8MKPS.

Crazy, man! :-)