Re: will people drop out?

andrew meggs (insect@antennahead.com)
Sun, 15 Jun 1997 14:38:30 -0400

At 1:37 PM -0400 6/15/97, Dakidd wrote:

>Hell, I've offered (twice) to do the work needed to fix it, and been turned
>down. I've put my money where my mouth is by building the stubs that Andrew
>said would be needed to port the MP code down to 68K. But still nada is
>forthcoming.

I did a 68k build of the OT client last week. For some fairly legitimate
reasons, the most significant being "we don't want to have this continuous
stream of updates every time you change something" and "generating pretty
graphs is not something the client should do", it will have to sit on my
hard drive for a while.

Following some recent publicity, 68k Macs have gone from contributing <1%
of the MacOS share to around 8% of the total MacOS share (which rose over
20% this weekend in spite of the huge Solaris jump). IMHO, this makes 68k
systems a lot more significant than they were before, and if another MacOS
update happens, I promise it will match the PowerPC client feature for
feature.

Andrew Meggs, defender of the universe Antennahead Industries, Inc.
<mailto:insect@antennahead.com> <http://www.antennahead.com>