Re: my goodness!

Scott McDermott (scottm@kcls.org)
Sun, 15 Jun 1997 15:54:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 15 Jun 1997, scott coleman wrote:

> If you'll look at the graph-o-matic output for the domain vt.edu, you'll
> see some pretty concrete affirmation of the high impact of the new 64-bit
> bitslice code. The leap in the average host speed is INCREDIBLE; and as far
> as I know, only one machine started running the new code.
>
> Congrats folks, this new code is truly incredible.

Sure is... I've only got 3 machines running. A pair of slow SS20's and
an Ultra 1. We were placed in the bottom half of the 300's Friday. I
switched the Ultra to the new client and we jumped up to 213 on Saturday.
I was most impressed!

Can't wait 'till I get the next 2 or 3 Ultra boxes up and running. ;)

/*
Scott McDermott - SysAdmin \ "Always make it reversible."
King County Library System \ - A wise SysAdmin
PGP key in the usual places... \
*/