Re: dk003 Bitclice clients...

Darrell Kindred (dkindred@cmu.edu)
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 23:25:09 -0400

Christopher Dickens writes:
> Is there currently anyone working on compiling the new dk003 bitslice
> clients on IRIX yet? I know it shouldn't be too far away since someone
> mentioned just earlier that the code was working on 64-bit processors as
> well as the "dual-headed" 32-bit code.

The only benefit to compiling dk003 versions for
non-ultrasparc machines would be from Rocke's optimized
S-box circuits. The other changes are only useful for
UltraSPARCs. There may be a small speedup (5-15%), but
probably not enough to warrant a new release until we
have other new features to intoduce.

- Darrell