Re: Monster machines vs. desktops

Stephen Langasek (vorlon@dodds.net)
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 14:06:39 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 18 Jun 1997, Greg Trotter wrote:
> Yes, well, let's include the cost of a power supply, hard drive, case, etc.
> to keep the comparison honest.
I'm seeing a lot of extras in there... Might as well throw in a sound
card while we're at it, no? That's about as relevant to DESCHALL's
performance as the case (run it in a cardboard box) or a hard drive (use a
boot floppy)....

Of course, the one item that was overlooked (IIRC) is the network card
and/or modem used to supply the route to the keyserver. (Of course, since
you don't need a FAST connection to the network, we could say, oh... $20?)

-Steve Langasek
-doink-

Help crack DES today!
http://friley72.res.iastate.edu/des/deschall.html