Re: What's Next?

David McNett (dmcnett@hfdirect.com)
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 15:31:44 -0500

At 02:20 PM 6/18/97 -0600, Rocke Verser wrote:
>Other projects seeking distributed computing time are invited to make
>their case and solicit computers from this mailing list. I am
>personally aware of GIMPS and at least one RC5 effort. But I don't
>intend to endorse any particular effort at this time.

First, congratulations to the entire DESChall effort for a job well done!

Allow me to be the first to mention that there is a serious effort to
break 56-bit RC5 already underway at http://rc5.distributed.net.

If you're wondering what you should do with all your new-found idle CPU
cycles, we could certainly use them!

-David McNett
nugget@slacker.com

(If brute force doesn't work, you're just not using enough)