Re: What's Next?

Colin L. Hildinger (colin@ionet.net)
Wed, 18 Jun 97 15:54:54 -0500

On Wed, 18 Jun 1997 15:31:44 -0500, David McNett wrote:

>At 02:20 PM 6/18/97 -0600, Rocke Verser wrote:
>>Other projects seeking distributed computing time are invited to make
>>their case and solicit computers from this mailing list. I am
>>personally aware of GIMPS and at least one RC5 effort. But I don't
>>intend to endorse any particular effort at this time.
>
>First, congratulations to the entire DESChall effort for a job well done!
>
>Allow me to be the first to mention that there is a serious effort to
>break 56-bit RC5 already underway at http://rc5.distributed.net.
>
>If you're wondering what you should do with all your new-found idle CPU
>cycles, we could certainly use them!

Party Time!!!!

Seriously: On to RC5-56bit. Anyone who wants can join my newly
created team for distributed.net's RC5 effort, see:

warped@ionet.net

Our home page is:

http://www.ionet.net/~colin/DES-Challenge.html

The money (if we find the key) will be spent promoting OS/2 Warp. It's
been fun. Congratulations all, especially Rocke and the core group who
have put in so much time.

Colin L. Hildinger

Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine!
http://www.os2ezine.com/