RE: Monster machines vs. desktops

Darrell Kindred (dkindred@cmu.edu)
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 14:20:41 -0400

http://www.research.megasoft.com/deschall/archive/

> I feel like I missed New Year's Eve.
>
> I wonder how long the machines would have kept on going
> (like they are now) not knowing that the key was found
> months ago?

I imagine Rocke will have the server instruct clients to
shut down within a few days. Right now he's just filling in
some gaps in the explored keyspace. So if your machines
have nothing better to do, just leave the clients running
for the time being.

- Darrell