RE: DESGUI for RC5?

Steve Willer (willer@interlog.com)
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 16:49:10 -0400

On Thursday, June 19, 1997 2:37 PM, Marc Briceno [SMTP:marc@c2.net] wrote:
> That isn't nearly as clean as DESgui was. Bovine really would benefit
> from
> the auto dial (and even more the auto disconnect!) of DESgui.

I guess it depends on your point of view. I wasn't very happy with the
constant dialing necessary with the deschall client (since you couldn't
force the key block size), so DESgui just annoyed me. With the proxy, you
can keep a day or two's worth of keys on your proxy and have it
automatically talk to the main server whenever you connected to Web browse
or whatever. It's perfect for my setup, particularly since I could never
get the NT client to work properly with my IP masquerading setup.

----
Steve Willer, willer@interlog.com
"A computer scientist is someone who, when told to 'Go to Hell,'
sees the 'go to,' rather than the destination, as harmful."