Re: What's next? -- RC5 Home Page Status

Stuart Stock (stuart@gundaker.com)
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 15:52:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997, Joshua Weage wrote:

> Well, I would get a bunch of machines running
> on the bovine rc5 crack, except for the fact that their
> homepage is down. Anyone know what is going on with it?
> It has been down for quite some time.

The homepage is tempoarily down due somewhat to the severe load we
DESCHALL converts have inflicted upon it. Word has it the RC5
coordinators are putting more memory in as we speak and it should be up by
tommorow or maybe even later tonight.

For those of you interesting in participating:
(crashed) Home Page: http://rc5.distributed.net

Lots of clients, lots of neat features like the ability to request large
numbers of blocks for hours of off-line processing, personal proxies for
"distributed" key-serving, support for Win32, Win16, Linux, FreeBSD, BSDI,
HP-UX, Ultrix, OSF/1, AIX, BeOS, Macintosh (PPC & 68000), OS/2, NextStep,
Solaris, and VAX/VMS. I might have missed a few so take a look for
yourself!

And remember, this is an entirely different cipher. Don't try and
compare key/sec speeds between DESCHALL and RC5 clients; they both may
have 56 bit key lengths, but it's apples and oranges when it comes to the
guts of the cipher.

--
Stuart Stock                                   stuart@gundaker.com
Systems/Security Administrator                 http://www.gundaker.com