Re: What's next?

andrew meggs (insect@antennahead.com)
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 17:54:32 -0400

At 4:14 PM -0400 6/19/97, Joshua Weage wrote:
> Well, I would get a bunch of machines running
>on the bovine rc5 crack, except for the fact that their
>homepage is down. Anyone know what is going on with it?
>It has been down for quite some time.

It's an NT system, and it apparently choked under the load of all of
deschall and all of solnet suddenly trying to access it. I don't think
these guys were ready for the massive jump in users. Please be patient, and
try again later tonight and tomorrow. Please *don't* keep trying to access
it every five seconds or set up a continuous ping, because if too many
people do that then it won't get a chance to recover.

Andrew Meggs, content provider Antennahead Industries, Inc.
<mailto:insect@antennahead.com> <http://www.antennahead.com>