Re: Where is DesChall

Ethan M. O'Connor (zudark@mit.edu)
Sun, 22 Jun 1997 07:42:34 -0400

At 12:22 PM 6/22/97 +0200, Maurice v/d Zwaan wrote:
>I was digging through the Bovine stats, and was not able to find any
DesChall coordinated effort there ?

>Already a large group of SolNet people have joined together (using
keymaster.des.sollentuna.se (the old keymaster) as their Bovine proxy) and
we're quickly heading for the top 5 in host stats.

>Maybe we could get the competition going again ? :)
>
>Maurice

If you search for "deschall" in new teams/email, you'll see rc5@deschall.org;
it's ranked 962nd right now. Uh, and the key rate is around 300Kk/s.
So it exists, but it's only one or two machines right now!

I know that I personally am finishing off my current GIMPS range before
starting RC5. I had to suspend in when DESCHALL started, but I've been
doing GIMPS since Jan. of 1996 so I feel a certain loyalty :)

Anyway, I hope we can get some more competition going... I think that the
suggestions that have been circulating of making the stats more DESCHALL-ish
would help quite a bit. It's hard to make a big increase in average speed
when it's averaged over several weeks.

-ethan
Ethan O'Connor |Did cracking DES seem like too
zudark@mit.edu |easy a challenge? Join the