Re: Big Science Needs Your Idle Cycles

Colin L. Hildinger (colin@ionet.net)
Sun, 22 Jun 97 22:29:15 -0500

On Sun, 22 Jun 1997 22:58:01 -0400, Arvin Meyer wrote:

>I agree,
>
>I know you guys think that NT and MS in general are more smoke than
>substance. I happen to think that productivity is enhanced with their
>products. But, Java code is ridiculous, I'm no great programmer, but I can
>write VB code that runs faster and is more stable than Java. All the Java
>hoopla is unfounded ... it's slow, buggy as hell, and conflicts with lots
>of existing code. Essentially it really proves the adage "Jack of all
>trades, Master of none"

Actually, I agree for the most part. It is, however, getting better
and it does have some good application/characteristics for some
people...

I don't think distributed computing is one of them.

Colin L. Hildinger

Join Team Warped Today and Help Win RSA's 56-bit RC5 Contest
http://www.ionet.net/~colin/rc5.html

Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine!
http://www.os2ezine.com/

The Ultimate OS/2 Gaming Page