RE: Media Impact (Think a second)

Albert Garrido (Albert.Garrido@nextel.com)
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 07:36:47 -0400

[snip]

For some clarification, check out the website that's listed in my email address.
Anyhow, most of the phones in this region (900mhz) can have some form of
primitive encryption. Sadly, it was already cracked, nothing as "secure" as DES
for digital phones, it'd be a ridiculous performance penalty for real-time work.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Chris" <cr@innocent.com>
Sent: Friday, June 20, 1997 8:26 PM
To: <deschall@gatekeeper.megasoft.com>
Subject: re: Media Impact (Think a second)

Currently, my understanding is that, the data from digital 900Mhz cordless
and PCS phone like sprint spectrum are not encrypted, but merely in a
digital form. I heard, but have not confirmed and would like more info if
someone has it, that someone has even modified his/her sprint spectrum
phone to be used as a scanner for other calls.