Re: Whoever said VB5 was not cross platform

Chris D. Dickens (cdickens@ntr.net)
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 10:53:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Daniel Berlin wrote:

> You forget it uses P-Code.
> in fact, look at this URL.
> http://softworksltd.com/vbvm.html

I thought we were talking about Microsoft VB5?

> They have a VB Virtual Machine that will run VB5 Apps on any platform.
>
> "How portable is Softworks VBVM?
>
> Programs written in VB5 can be executed on a wide variety of operating
> systems and hardware. VBVM has been ported to DOS, Windows 3.1, Windows 95,
> Windows NT, BSDI, Dec Alpha, FreeBSD, IBM AIX (PS/2, PPC, RT, RS/600),
> HP/UX, Linux, SCO, and SUN Sparc. We are looking for partners for ports to
> AS/400 and MVS platforms.

[snip]

I don't see SGI IRIX in there anywhere?

CRACK RC5 NOW!!! http://rc5.distributed.net/index.html
Christopher Dickens - cdickens@ntr.net - SGI O2 Powered!!!
<http://www.ntr.net/~cdickens>
Copyright (c) 1997 by Christopher Dickens. All Rights Reserved.

NOTE: Everything disclosed is the sole opinion of Christopher Dickens
and in no way reflects the views or opinions, either in whole
or part, of NTR.NET Corporation or any of it's affiliates.