RE: Big Science Needs Your Idle Cycles

Mon, 23 Jun 1997 17:50:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Nelson Minar wrote:

> I agree. The neatest idea is the picture of the globe, who all is
> working on the computation at the moment.

FWIW, I briefly considered doing this for DESCHALL. :-) In theory, it
wouldn't be too hard to link up IP addresses to a location (via a form,
WHOIS querys) find the zipcode for the location, find the
latitude/longitude for the location, and finally dump the results into
one of the freely available map plotting programs.

I was already busy, and so I never got around to it...

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
Give a man an answer, and today's frustration is gone. Teach him to
program, and he will be frustrated for the rest of his life.