RE: Big Science Needs Your Idle Cycles

Christopher Dickens (cdickens@ntr.net)
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 20:53:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Justin Dolske wrote:

> FWIW, I briefly considered doing this for DESCHALL. :-) In theory, it
> wouldn't be too hard to link up IP addresses to a location (via a form,
> WHOIS querys) find the zipcode for the location, find the
> latitude/longitude for the location, and finally dump the results into
> one of the freely available map plotting programs.
>
> I was already busy, and so I never got around to it...

I'm so sorry for posting this to the discussion list, but I've got to ask:
What freely available MAP plotting program? I've actually been searching
for something like this for some time now and have yet to find one AT ALL.

Thanks for the information...

CRACK RC5 NOW!!! http://rc5.distributed.net/index.html
Christopher Dickens - cdickens@ntr.net - SGI O2 Powered!!!
<http://www.ntr.net/~cdickens>
Copyright (c) 1997 by Christopher Dickens. All Rights Reserved.

NOTE: Everything disclosed is the sole opinion of Christopher Dickens
and in no way reflects the views or opinions, either in whole
or part, of NTR.NET Corporation or any of it's affiliates.