Re: "Only" export control

Colin L. Hildinger (colin@ionet.net)
Wed, 25 Jun 97 01:49:28 -0500

On Tue, 24 Jun 1997 20:15:01 -0500, bennett_t1@popmail.firn.edu wrote:

>> nobody anywhere in the world will
>> have any difficulty obtaining strong cryptography, export and
>> import controls notwithstanding.
>
>But Freeh and the NSA and other various Clinton arse-kissing shills
>don't realize that. They think somehow that letting terrorists have
>crypto like that would hurt us... hell, the terrorists could just d/l
>PGP 5.0i when it comes out! If I were a terrorist, would I buy GAKked
>US crypto, or just download a free copy of PGP? The keyword here is:
>DUUUUUUUUH!

That's kinda the same thing as people who get so upset about guns. Gun
stores aren't selling Uzi's. Making it hard for me to buy a gun
doesn't affect a criminals ability to get one much at all. Again, duh.

Colin L. Hildinger
| Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine! | The Ultimate OS/2 Gaming Page |
| http://www.os2ezine.com/ | http://www.ionet.net/~colin/games.html |
| The Official Unofficial AWE32 and OS/2 Warp Page |
| http://www.ionet.net/~colin/awe32.html |

CRACK 56-bit RC5 WITH OS/2 NOW!
http://www.ionet.net/~colin/rc5.html

A monospace font is recommending for viewing this .sig