RE: Big Science Needs Your Idle Cycles **SETI UPDATE**

Colin L. Hildinger (colin@ionet.net)
Wed, 25 Jun 97 01:59:40 -0500

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997 22:39:14 -0500 (CDT), Robert A. Hayden wrote:

>Yea, I agree. These key-cracking endevours are all swell and fine. The
>political implications of cracking DES are interesting (wish the new
>reports spun a little better, though). However, I think there would be a
>lot more interest in these internet-wide endevours if there was some kind
>of more practical goal. Contributing spare cycles to a SETI project or
>whatever kind of distributed project could be come up with would be much
>more better.

I have trouble seeing SETI as that terribly practical. :-)

Colin L. Hildinger
| Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine! | The Ultimate OS/2 Gaming Page |
| http://www.os2ezine.com/ | http://www.ionet.net/~colin/games.html |
| The Official Unofficial AWE32 and OS/2 Warp Page |
| http://www.ionet.net/~colin/awe32.html |

CRACK 56-bit RC5 WITH OS/2 NOW!
http://www.ionet.net/~colin/rc5.html

A monospace font is recommending for viewing this .sig