Re: Request for Comments

Dave Ahn (ahn@indigo2.rad.bgsm.edu)
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 18:47:40 -0400

On Wed, Jun 25, 1997 at 03:13:41PM -0700, Adam Haberlach wrote:

> On the other hand, out of fairness, I would like to see the
> cumulative stats be used, as this was not a demonstration of
> computing speed, but computing POWER. [...]

I agree. I'd rather see the T-shirt list off the top 400, or even
the top 1000 level 2 domains, without the domain key rates, than
50, or even 100 domains with key rates. How about

[DESCHALL keyrate: XXX billion keys/sec]

uiuc.edu psu.edu cmu.edu gatech.edu
sun.com mit.edu orst.edu ucla.edu
and on, in row,column format by rank since the start.

The sheer number of domains impresses me a lot more than the
keyrates by sun.com. Afterall, that's what a distributed effort
is all about.

Dave.

--
Dave Ahn,  ahn@vec.bgsm.edu             "When you were born you cried, and the