Re: "Only" export control

Richard Hendricks (hendric@serv1.jump.net)
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 07:19:45 +0000

> From: "Colin L. Hildinger" <colin@ionet.net>
> To: "bennett_t1@popmail.firn.edu" <bennett_t1@popmail.firn.edu>,
> "deschall@gatekeeper.megasoft.com" <deschall@gatekeeper.megasoft.com>,
> "Seth D. Schoen" <sigma@ishmael.nmh.northfield.ma.us>
> Subject: Re: "Only" export control

> That's kinda the same thing as people who get so upset about guns. Gun
> stores aren't selling Uzi's. Making it hard for me to buy a gun
> doesn't affect a criminals ability to get one much at all. Again, duh.

Personally, I'm not worried about Uzi's either. It's the relatively
normal people with a handgun who, under normal circumstances, are
just fine. Just get them in a car, or at a losing sports event, etc
etc. and they go a little too far.

Also, how many children get killed because their parents place the
guns someplace accessible? I feel that instead of a x day "waiting
period" gun owners should have to take a "gun ownership class" before
being able to purchase, with a "refresher" every 3-5years or so.
A handgun is more likely to kill a relative/dog/innocent person than
a criminal.

ReDesChall:
But anyway, if every handgun is the world was to shoot through the
new budget reform law, would it go through? How many Bullets Per
Second could be sustained? :)

--
Richard Hendricks, Applications Engineer, Austin, Texas
Scientific discoveries, engineering failures.

hendric@jump.net