Re: Arms traffik

David Terrell (dterrell@uiuc.edu)
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 15:40:57 -0500

On Tue, Jul 01, 1997 at 12:18:23PM -0500, bennett_t1@popmail.firn.edu wrote:

> I started a Platform War on RC5 list that got me a killfile from one
> person :-).

You sound surprised. Actually the os wars were one of the most annoying
things to happen on the list. Also annoying is the fact that it happens
everywhere else. It's such a silly thing really. It's 3/5 personal
preference, 1/5 needs and 1/5 administrative pressure. Most of which
aren't worth changing. I mean sure, you can rant about how good MacOS
is versus HPUX, but WHO REALLY CARES?

Those who know don't care -- they have better things to do with their
time.

Those who don't know argue stupidly.

Please, don't do this. I'm not even subscribing to the rc5 list; heck,
I'm not even going to participate, because it's just too much damned
work to wade the through the crap. Lists of this type need a moderator
with a big stick IMHO.

--
Dave Terrell
dterrell@uiuc.edu