Re: Arms traffik

Karl J. Runge (runge@crl.com)
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 22:16:02 -0700

I just wish DESCHALL had to go to 50% of the keyspace instead of 25% !!!
(and still have DESCHALL win!)

Hats off to Rocke for a great project! I really admired his KISS
(Keep It Simple, Stupid!) philosophy that paid off so well, and made
things so enjoyable and error free.

I don't know if many on this list knew that Rocke managed the whole
key service thru a 28.8 ppp connection, but he did. And for the bulk
of the contest did it on with 486, and only at the end upgraded to
a pentium. These facts still amaze me! In a certain sense, 2^56 keys is
"trivial".

Cheers,

Karl,